X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update to Thunderbird 60 and now some problems with extensions

Hello.
    Today, Discover update to Thunderbird 60.2.1, I don't know if this update its for backport or kubuntu ppa (https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...2-7-in-Kubuntu) (I have this 2 ppa's).
    Now, Lightning appears disabled and not compatible with the new version, if I search new version I don't view on download.
    I read that, now, TB integrate this calendar, but in my case, not upgrade or install.
    I made some changes (instructions of TB) for restore Calendar, but not work ( https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...es-thunderbird )
    If create another profile, when start TB not appears calendar / lightning.
    Other people with this problem?

Thanks and regards.
    Last edited by wonder; Oct 15, 2018, 07:15 PM.

No problems with Lightning here, I have the same version of Thunderbird and Lightning shows as v. 6.2 in the Add-on Manager view.
    Maybe you need to remove and re-add Lightning?
    Last edited by Thomas00; Oct 16, 2018, 01:37 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Hello.
      I removed Lightning but when I search (in addons) Lightning appears a version not compatible with new version of TB.
      How I can re-add Lihghtning?
      Thanks and regards!

Comment

Hm, no idea...for the last couple of releases I download the latest version from the Mozilla website and manually copied the content of the zip file to /usr/lib
        Maybe worth a try?
        You could also check the content of /usr/lib/thunderbird-addons to see if there's something odd going on?

Comment

Hello.
          I download TB of the website, unzip de package (not copied the content of the zip to /usr/lib) because is the same version that I have installed by updater.
          I unzip, check the thunderbird-addons folder, but not have this addon.
          In this unzip folder with the TB download of website, I click in thunderbird file (executable file) and start TB with my profile but...with Lightning in new version and works fine!
          I deleted this new folder of tb version of website, start TB from my menu, and continue appears Lightning correct.
          Strange, but when I start TB of folder version of TB website, this update or install new Ligtning...

Ok, a doubt, if I copy the download folder from mozilla website manually to the /usb/lib, if are update of TB, advise in disover, for example?

Thanks and regards.

Comment

Originally posted by wonder View Post
            Hello.
            I deleted this new folder of tb version of website, start TB from my menu, and continue appears Lightning correct.
            Not sure I understand, are you saying it's working now?

Comment

Sorry for me explanation...
              After execute TB from new folder of version download of thunderbird website, I deleted this new folder, and start TB like always, from my menu, and yes, now works fine, with Lightning works perfect.

Regards.

Comment

For anybody who is using Ubuntu and got the Thunderbird 60 update and now is no longer able to use Lightning

The solution is to remove Lightning, then run "sudo apt install xul-ext-lightning" to then get the correct version of lightning and your calendar should still be intact.
                If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Yep, tried that, and even restarted T-Bird, but still no Lightning. I'll look after a reboot of the system - it shouldn't have to do that, but apt did say that Lightning was installed correctly. So, stay tuned ...
                  The next brick house on the left
                  Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

For me, Lightning updated to v6.2.2.1 at the same time as Thunderbird updated v6.2.1.
                    Linux User #454271

Comment

Originally posted by SpecialEd View Post
                      For anybody who is using Ubuntu and got the Thunderbird 60 update and now is no longer able to use Lightning

The solution is to remove Lightning, then run "sudo apt install xul-ext-lightning" to then get the correct version of lightning and your calendar should still be intact.
                      Thanks!

Comment

WiseStamp 3.13.31.1 won't work with TB 60+. I'm not finding a newer version, maybe Wisestamp is no longer creating TB extensions.

Comment

Last version on addons.thundrebird.net is 3.14.0 works with Thunderbird 5.0 - 45.0.

Have you gone to the website listed on the User Info page for the extension on ATN, and tried the Signature Generator there, or used the Contact Us link to inquire about the extension?

https://www.wisestamp.com/

Comment

Worked perfectly for me. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                            X