This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Controlling Volume

In Ubuntu versions 14.04 & 16.04 volume settings there was a box to tick that took the volume over 100% and it then stayed in that range whatever.

With Kubuntu, I can set the volume at over 100%. But as soon as I use the volume control on any player or the laptop it resets to 100%.

I installed Pulse Audio and tried the 'Set as fallback' button. But,it doesn't hold it. It's just the same.

How can I set the volume to 100%+ and set it to operate within that range permanently?

TIA

I am amazed that I am the only person to experience this issue. Bizzare!

Comment

Eliminate the possibility that it may be a corrupted config file in your user's account. Create a new user, logout and log in with that user and see if the behavior persists, or works as expected.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Kubuntu 18.04 there is a box with up/down arrows if you right click the volume icon in th the tray and select Audio Volume Settings you can set the max above 100% if you want.
        Also if you left click the icon beside the output volume control there is a box for addtional settings to the right (tool Box with three horizontal lines in it). It allows you to check a box that raises the maximum volume. good luck.
        Last edited by kc1di; Jun 17, 2018, 07:00 AM.
        Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
          Kubuntu 18.04 there is a box with up/down arrows if you right click the volume icon in th the tray and select Audio Volume Settings you can set the max above 100% if you want.
          Also if you left click the icon beside the output volume control there is a box for addtional settings to the right (tool Box with three horizontal lines in it). It allows you to check a box that raises the maximum volume. good luck.
          This has sorted it out for me I looked everywhere else, but here...
          THANK YOU!

Thank you, also to Snowhog

Comment

Your Welcome, Enjoy
            Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

Working...
            X