X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notifications popups stop showing after some time

Hello there,

Got Kubuntu 18.04 LTS on Dell Precision 5520 laptop.

Problem: Popup notifications stop showing after some time. The notification sound is still there and notification history is there as well, i.e. when I click on the little arrow pointing upwards in the system tray, then select notifications - it shows me the history, but none of those messages came up as popups

I have 2 external screens - 1 high dpi dell 27 inch connected via display port (thunderbolt), another 1080p dell 24inch connected via HDMI

the problem most often manifests after disconnecting the screens, but I think it might manifest out of the blue, even without disconnecting the screens.

workaround -- reboot. (which is annoying)

Desperately seeking help or guidance on how to resolve this.

Cheers,
    Sergey

I know that this isn't the answer you 'want' or are looking for, but, just open a konsole and type:

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade
    This will update the package cache and check for any available updates to installed packages.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

@Snowhog - nope, didn't work... it's all over the shop, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it'll start working for some time, and then it'll stop again

now there's a little circle with the number of recent notifications in the taskbar, it shows encircled 5 or 3 - whatever - click on that and can see the notifications. which should show up as popups.

crazy... I'm sure I'm not alone with this problem... hope somebody can point me in the right direction here.

thanks

Comment

Working...
      X