This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted to say thanks.

Wanted to say thanks for a good work on the distro.. Though I had to install it a very funny way due to video issues (NVidia GeForce 1070). That issue was likely due to display freezing up on boot. So to get around it I had to pass through the hard drive that I was going to install to in a vmware Virtual Machine (While in Windows) and installed it.. Once installed, I had to get the nvidia drivers into the install while it was virtualized. Removed the Windows Hard Drive and put the Kubuntu Hard Drive in its place. .. After that booted up like a champ. And in case of info on the system is wanted..

System: Host: XXX Kernel: 4.15.0-20-generic x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.12.4
    Distro: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Machine: Device: desktop System: Dell product: Precision T7600 v: 01 serial: N/A
    Mobo: Dell model: XXXXX v: A01 serial: N/A UEFI: Dell v: A15 date: 02/07/2018
    CPU(s): 2 8 core Intel Xeon E5-2680 0s (-MT-MCP-SMP-) speed/max: 1196/3500 MHz
    Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GP104 [GeForce GTX 1070]
    Display Server: x11 (X.Org 1.19.6 ) driver: nvidia Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz, 1920x1080@60.00hz
    OpenGL: renderer: GeForce GTX 1070/PCIe/SSE2 version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 390.48
    Network: Card-1: Intel 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) driver: e1000e
    Card-2: Intel 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) driver: e1000e
    Card-3: Intel 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) driver: e1000e
    Card-4: Intel 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet Controller (Copper) driver: e1000e
    Drives: HDD Total Size: 10818.2GB (0.1% used)
    Info: Processes: 453 Uptime: 57 min Memory: 2731.2/257913.9MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.3.56

Hi jhorsman

Well...thank you! a VERY NICE FIRST POST!!

that is INDEED ... "valuable information"...it is what USED TO BE POSTED by the people who are now the old groaners back in the ...exciting days...of Linux / Ubuntu... and now...

the "sophisticated" think of it as...well...we've seen such before...

NO!! NO!! that kind of hardware stuff IS VALUABLE... especially to old doofs like the woodsmoker!

Please do not be a stranger to the forum that is "better than toast with premium jam"!

wood... really...smoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; May 16, 2018, 09:43 PM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Do I see your HDD as 10TB?
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        Do I see your HDD as 10TB?
        That is total disk space is around there that is directly attached (Not all one disk). I am still working on bringing the drives online and migrating data over and mapping in NFS. Purpose of this box is for Virtual Machines .. On the scale of entire networks/HA Systems so they can be designed and documented. I chose Kubuntu due to its increased feature set and lower memory foot print. Tried ESXi and whatnot on it and while it works, does not work the way I need it to work (A very HCL OS.). So I am regaining control of my hardware and getting it to work the way I feel is better for the hardware.. From there I can do nested virtualization and get the job done.

Drives: HDD Total Size: 10818.2GB (3.6% used)
        ID-1: /dev/sdd model: Samsung_SSD_850 size: 2048.4GB
        ID-2: /dev/sda model: ST2000DM001 size: 2000.4GB
        ID-3: /dev/sdb model: ST2000DM001 size: 2000.4GB
        ID-4: /dev/sde model: MTFDDAK512MAY size: 512.1GB
        ID-5: /dev/sdf model: Samsung_SSD_850 size: 256.1GB
        ID-6: /dev/sdc model: HGST_HDS724040AL size: 4000.8GB
        Last edited by jhorsman; May 17, 2018, 11:16 AM. Reason: Formatting.

Comment

Wow! You dropped a grand on that sdd drive!

How's it working?
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            Wow! You dropped a grand on that sdd drive!

How's it working?
            Works pretty good. handles plenty of Virtual Machines.. Drive paid for itself a while back when I had to Design/Implement a monitoring system for a mobile device management infrastructure. So it had at one time, Oracle DB on it and its front end server. Then as well had Domain Controllers, Exchange Servers, SQL Servers in HA and the App Servers that did MDM work, all running and with load. Did not have a problem out of it.

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

Working...
              X