X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Shortcuts and deadkeys

Hello!

I'm having an issue with Kubuntu 18.04, and I'm not sure if it's just with this version, since I'm not using KDE for a long time.

My problem is that I use an US International Keyboard with dead keys, and shortcuts that uses "dead keys" such as ALT+` to change window for the same app doesn't works, nothing happens when you press it. Also, if I try to use any "deadkey" to set any kind of shortcut it doesn't works, it keeps as no key was pressed in the "define shortcut" widget.

It looks like a bug to me, but it might be a configuration issue. Anyone has any idea how to solve or workaround this?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Wikipedia
    The US International layout also uses the right alt (AltGr) as a modifier to enter special characters.
    That implies the left Alt is not a dead key... or maybe you don't have one.

Have you looked in system settings, input devices, keyboard? You just might find a "keyboard model" that matches yours.

In layouts, I've set up two, one the usual "us" and the other it calls "Eurkey (US based layout with european letters)" and with it left alt is alt but the right one does all sorts of European language stuff that I only vaguely what is going on. It gives me æåëýþÿüïöœ for qwertyuiop. I get an indicator in the system tray that if clicked changes the layout.

Also, there's lots of settings on the Advanced tab,
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
    X