X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphical gltich in Kubuntu 18.04 beta 2 System Settings

Hey all,

I am not sure if this is the appropriate place, however I noticed a strange glitch in the 18.04 betas (as well as the daily build from yesterday); I've observed it in Virtual Box as well as on real hardware. I don't think it's an issue with KDE upstream (I've tested Neon and Manjaro with Plasma 5.12.4, and this issue isn't present). I am not sure the best way to describe it, however whenever in System Settings, the top item's text in the sub-menu isn't visible unless you click on something else. For example, if you click on icons, the list to the right will show Icons and Emotions in the list; however, the text "Icons' is invisible unless you either click on "Emotions", or highlight a different area. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? If so, has there been a bug report filed?

In case no one has a clue as to what I am talking about, I made a short video illustrating this behavior: https://youtu.be/JaVWCd3b2sA

Aside from this, I haven't noticed any show stoppers what will keep me from installing Kubuntu 18.04 when it's released. Just waiting on my SSD to arrive.

EDIT:

Looks like this issue has been revolved via the slew of updates that came down yesterday. Way to go Kubuntu team! Very impressed!

Cheers!

It's not just Kubuntu.

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=392775
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
      Thanks. I'm glad to hear it has already been reported. Odd that it doesn't seem to affect Neon nor Manjaro.

Comment

Don’t know about Manjaro but Neon is still based on 16.04 and Plasma has been at 5.12.4 for awhile.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I love this place!

Woodlovesitsmok
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
          X