X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Desktop problem

Hello.
    As the photo is opened during the desktop, it gives an error. What is the problem and how do I fix it?
    I am using kubuntu 18.04.1
    Regards
    Last edited by lavinya28; Nov 02, 2018, 02:31 PM. Reason: photo added

you are going to half to be a bit more descriptive ,,,what photo , the desktop wallpaper?

whats the error your getting ?

VINNY

EDIT: ok you added a screenshot ,,,,,,

is this a clean install or upgrade and on what kind of hardware .
    Last edited by vinnywright; Nov 02, 2018, 02:34 PM.
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

vinnywright thanks for reply. I am not getting the error as a message. it only opens on the desktop as in the example.

Comment

@lavinya28: Welcome to Kubuntu! I'm sure we can fix your error, but it's really important to know if you did a clean install of 18.04.1, or if you did an upgrade directly from some other version or distro.

If you can open a konsole command line session, it would be helpful in getting some specific system info. If you can, in a konsole, enter this:
        Code:
        inxi -Fxz
        And if inxi is not loaded, and you have an internet connection, enter following to install inxi:
        Code:
        sudo apt install inxi
        Then copy the output into a CODE box (the # button at the top of the reply box).
        The next brick house on the left
        Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Not an answer but the image you uploaded is exactly the same screen as I got when I was trying to use two monitors using hdmi - so do you perhaps have a second monitor connected?

Comment

Working...
          X