This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] I've lost menubars across some programs

So. I did a fresh install of 18.04.5, minimal, updates, added samba, a few other things like Firefox addons, some desktop enhancements. the Plasma customisation saver, and a few restarts later, I added mkvgui tools

I opened up a file I needed to edit, and bingo, no MENU toolbar. Makes it difficult to edit features
    I looked at Firefox (which was fine, had it's MENU toolbar) and it has dissappeared from there as well
    Dolphin is fine, has its menu bar.

So. Any suggestions on WTF has actually happened for at least 2 programs to loose their menu toolbars??
    And No. I can't add them. I know there is a firefox fix, to add menu toolbar, but the actual "menu" bit doesn't appear.

Q. Does anyone know where Firefox access it's menu toolbar from ? Maybe from reading some other issue somewhere else?

Some "KDE" applications have a Ctrl+Shift+M toggle to hide/show the menu bar and may also have settings to determine whether the menu bar is visible (or not) by default.

Re. Firefox, press Alt+V>Toolbars and take it from there?
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
      Some "KDE" applications have a Ctrl+Shift+M toggle to hide/show the menu bar and may also have settings to determine whether the menu bar is visible (or not) by default.

Re. Firefox, press Alt+V>Toolbars and take it from there?
      Thanks. Tried that, didn't work. I have also realized that PrintScreen button on keyboard isn't grabbing the screen either. It's like my older system all over again. I wanted to install something, got about halfway through the setup walk through, then suddenly the commands don't work, or I am getting these weird error messages. I search for possible reasons, can't find any.
      So now I have a half installed program, with things I've either downloaded or added. I try following the same commands to uninstall, but nothing.

I'm wiping and reinstalling (again). I'll do this step by step, see if I can locate the actual fault

Still would like to know how the Menu toolbars have disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDaves View Post
        I'm wiping and reinstalling (again). I'll do this step by step, see if I can locate the actual fault
        I've completed the re-install. I now have all the menu's and menubars.
        I think the issue is when I copied the previous settings, using that app someone suggested, in another post.
        I might get around to trying this again, after a complete backup/clone first thou

Comment

Working...
        X