Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When suspend, I have a error message usb 1-10 device descriptior read/64, error 71

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[DESKTOP] When suspend, I have a error message usb 1-10 device descriptior read/64, error 71

Hi, recently, I was changed my motherboard al cpu (gigabyte x470 Aorus ultra gaming) with Ryzen 5 3600.

All good, but when I suspend computer (not hibernate) only when suspend, the first time that I suspend (after reebot or start from shut down) not have the problem, is in the second or third time when I suspend, I have this error message:

[ xxxx.xxxxxx] usb 1-10: device descriptior read/64, error -71
    (The xxx.xxxx are numbers that, every time, changed).

I have this error but suspend well.
    But every time that I suspend, add 1 line error message.

When I have 5, 6 or 7 error lines like this, not suspend and I need hard reboot.

Thanks and regards.

What USB devices do you have attached? Something does not like being suspended, so we need to see what it is, and if it can be fixed.

the lsusb command will show them all

I think we will need to see which specific USB device is '1-10', so if possible, run this command to show more of the error messages:
    dmesg | grep 1-10

Or, you can open the /var/log/syslog and search for 'usb 1-10', likely near the bottom, that shkw the errors, so you can copy/paste them here.

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
      What USB devices do you have attached? Something does not like being suspended, so we need to see what it is, and if it can be fixed.

the lsusb command will show them all

I think we will need to see which specific USB device is '1-10', so if possible, run this command to show more of the error messages:
      dmesg | grep 1-10

Or, you can open the /var/log/syslog and search for 'usb 1-10', likely near the bottom, that shkw the errors, so you can copy/paste them here.
      Thanks for yor reply.

Yes, I have a new usb (keyborad).

The lsusb:
      Code:
      [FONT=monospace]$ lsusb
      Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
      Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
      Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
      Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
      Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
      Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b4:0060 Cypress Semiconductor Corp. Wireless optical mouse
      Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04f3:0103 Elan Microelectronics Corp. ActiveJet K-2024 Multimedia Keyboard
      Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
      [/FONT]

In /var/log/syslog only appears some about "usb 1.-10" after suspend and re-start desktop from suspend.
      are this lines:

Code:
      [B][COLOR=#000000]Sep  6 00:14:04 PC-Ariadna kernel: [17309.099009] usb 1-10: reset low-speed USB device number 3 using xhci_hcd[/COLOR][/B]Sep  6 00:14:04 PC-Ariadna kernel: [17310.354281] ata2: SATA link up 6.0 Gbps (SStatus 133 SControl 300)
      Sep  6 00:14:04 PC-Ariadna kernel: [17310.354302] ata1: SATA link up 6.0 Gbps (SStatus 133 SControl 300)
      Sep  6 00:14:04 PC-Ariadna kernel: [17310.360206] ata1.00: configured for UDMA/133
      Sep  6 00:14:04 PC-Ariadna kernel: [17310.469694] ata2.00: configured for UDMA/100
      Sep  6 00:14:04 PC-Ariadna kernel: [17310.734853] igb 0000:07:00.0 enp7s0: igb: enp7s0 NIC Link is Up 1000 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: RX/TX
      [B][COLOR=#000000]Sep  6 00:14:04 PC-Ariadna kernel: [17313.598374] usb 1-10: device descriptor read/64, error -71[/COLOR][/B]
      Device 3 its a keyboard, its new, but its very very simple this keyboard.

I go to change this keyboard next week, but at the moment, change of usb port?

Again, thanks and regards!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Definitely try a different USb port

Comment

Originally posted by wonder View Post
          Hi, recently, I was changed my motherboard al cpu (gigabyte x470 Aorus ultra gaming) with Ryzen 5 3600.
          Did you reinstall?

Not reinstalling used to be unlikely to work well on a motherboard change, but hardware handling copes better with changes these days, so I hear of people having no trouble. But your problem is just the sort of thing that would go wrong.

I suggest booting a live USB, or into a bootable iso, to see if the problem is present. Those boot more slowly partly because they do more hardware inspection, I think. If it isn't, that suggests a reinstall (yeuch) will fix it.
          Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Definitely try a different USb port
            Until a received a new keyboard, I go to change the usb port.
            Today, I can't wake up from suspend with keyboard (yes with mouse, also, in usb port...)

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
            Did you reinstall?

Not reinstalling used to be unlikely to work well on a motherboard change, but hardware handling copes better with changes these days, so I hear of people having no trouble. But your problem is just the sort of thing that would go wrong.

I suggest booting a live USB, or into a bootable iso, to see if the problem is present. Those boot more slowly partly because they do more hardware inspection, I think. If it isn't, that suggests a reinstall (yeuch) will fix it.
            Not, not reinstall.
            Only change motherboard and cpu, but not reinstall...
            I made the test.

Again, thanks!

Comment

You have changed to two of the most important parts of your computer. That changes everything about how your computer functions, how it acts on the rest of the hardware. With a new motherboard, especially, there are changes that only new drivers will be able to handle - even if the new driver version has only minor differences from the older version.

I've found that with a big change, like a new motherboard, even if nothing should have changed, just assume that something did change and re-install the OS. Of course, to be safe, save all your data first, then re-install and if you need to, then recover your data. A little bit of time spent on a re-install, will save you hours and days of trying to troubleshoot a problem caused by some small change in the hardware. It's your choice, of course, but that's a recommendation based on experience.
              The next brick house on the left
              Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Thanks for your help and reply.
                I was changed the keyboard to other usb port, in this first days, not appears the error.

But yes, I think the same, some time to reinstall (I changed a mosrt important parts of my computer) my old motherboard and cpu was other very different (intel) and now, I have this, I think the same, a little time to reinstall its better.

This week end, I go to reinstall kubuntu (with previous backup, of my data )

Thanks and regards.

Comment

technically, there should not be a need to reinstall, since the kernel is modular and loads/unloads the particular parts it needs or no longer needs. Having once swapped a mobo for a newer one, then having that new one replaced due to a burst capacitor, I have had one install run on three completely different boards, intel to amd to a different amd. This was many years ago, though.

Of course, reality does it's own thing, despite what is technically the case...

Comment

Yes, you have a reasson, technically, isn't necessary reinstall, a few years ago, I was changed my mobo and not reinstall. Like you indicate, since the kernel is modular and loads/unloads the particular parts that it needs, not necessary reinstall.
                    But this time, like I have time this week end, a fresh install with kubuntu 18.04.3 (with this change of mobo and cpu)...its possible its good. After reinstall, I return this keyboard to original usb port and view if I continue with the problem or not, in this new usb port, not have this problem, also, the next week I go to change the keyboard...

Thanks and regards!

Comment

Working...
                    X