X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PLASMA 5] All graphics too big and...

Hello
    After many trials I have at last managed to install Kubuntu 18.04. Yesterday I left the parts I need furthermost, like the whole group of Fonts, Graphics and printing online or on paper more or less OK. Even Kaffeine is fully OK.
    However with the Font environment, I have great problems. This morning, at opening the Computer everything was massively to large than the sizes I have chosen yesterday. Also the whole graphic (see screen) is much too extensive. Why are simple columns several cm wide and can not be shortened but others have not enough space? Except one has a very big Screen? Mine is 63 cm / 25 Inch (approx). All columns are on the smallest widths to be able to read.
    There are still a lot of such things and with many I have not yet started. Why needed KDE to take away Plasma 3, which was the best version in my view, then they stole Plasma 4 with the really best Plasma I ever had Kubuntu 14.10. And now such a great mess with no real progress I can see.

All together I have up to now worked more than 100 h to get sort of a workable operating system. Lucky that I am retired, otherwise KDE would a long time be off my computer.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

"You do know what you're drinking is meant for eye surgery... "-- John Watson.

Just kidding, obviously, but
    Why needed KDE to take away Plasma 3, which was the best version in my view, then they stole Plasma 4 with the really best Plasma I ever had
    makes about as much sense (to me) as... the rest of it, really.

Could you post a screenshot indicative of the problems you're having?
    Last edited by Don B. Cilly; Aug 07, 2019, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X