X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CONFIGURATION] Some small issues

Hello
    I do hope it is ok to ask a solution for several small issues instead to opening for each one a new thread.

Kubuntu 18.04

1) How can I stop that the machine is starting with the setup from the last session? I prefer a blank start, no browser, no pictures, no Scribus etc. I can close each open window by hand, but this is not a serious possiblility.

2) Where do I set the login without Password?

3) Where do I set the automatic «Num Lock» on.

4) I have given a password for the Wallet, but can not remember it. What is to be done?

5) Plasma 4 had a windows decoration called «B II». I prefer this but can not find this.

I do have several more issues but they are probably better to discuss individually.
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

1)<System Settings><Startup and Shutdown><Desktop Session>

2)<Personalization><Account Details><Login Automatically>

3)<Hardware><Input Devices><Keyboard>

I suggest you make a sandwich, get yourself a beverage and wander through the System Settings pages until you familiarize yourself with them.
    Last edited by SpecialEd; Apr 23, 2019, 09:42 AM.
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

Hi SpecialED Thanks. Points 1 and 3 done, but I can not find the «specialization» Any idea for German or French or Italian spelling? Or any other directions.
      I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        Hi SpecialED Thanks. Points 1 and 3 done, but I can not find the «specialization» Any idea for German or French or Italian spelling? Or any other directions.
        Sorry, that should have been "Personalization"
        Attached Files
        If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Comment

4) You can create a new wallet and use it as the default , I do not think there is a way to recover a password.. In the Kwallet area, where it shows "automatic wallet selection', you can create a new one to be used, and either keep your old wallet, or delete it.

5)Unless someone has created a look-alike theme in the KDE store, you are not going to find this old KDE3 era theme.
          https://blog.martin-graesslin.com/bl...rted-to-kwin5/ (from 2013)
          and then
          https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/comment...on_or_similar/

Comment

Hello

Problem with the autolog solved, thanks for the correct link.

Question re wallet: I have never used one up to now and if there is no recovery feature, I think it is not ment for my brain, I am forgeting more and more.

Question re the BII theme: sorry that so many people were personally against it.

So, thanks to you both for the help.

Comment

In Kubuntu (and probably others), the wallet is automatically set up during the install process, and it is connected to the login account and password, so you don't have to manually unlock the wallet after you have logged in. So, technically, you have been using it already, most likely.

Comment

Thanks for this explication. However, I still have no clue what to do with a wallet. The only wallet I know is my money purse who is called in english «wallet».

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
                  Thanks for this explication. However, I still have no clue what to do with a wallet. The only wallet I know is my money purse who is called in english «wallet».
                  That is sort of the point, it is set up automatically, and you normally don't have to worry about it - though the name does not indicate that it is a password manager It has been part of Kubuntu for ages now, I think since 14.04, if not slightly earlier.

Comment

Working...
                  X