Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18.04.2 Available for download but not for update ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18.04.2 Available for download but not for update ?

Hello,

I see that 18.04.2 has been available for download for a few days now, yet my system (both of them actually) i do not have the possibility to upgrade from 18.04.1 to 18.04.2. The reason I'm following this is that i have a problem with some Bluetooth headphones and from my understanding 4.18 kernel adds additional support.
    Am i doing something wrong or the update packages will come at a later date ?

Thx,
    Radu

The 18.04.2 is just an updated iso with all the current software included, and current users are already up to date.

Now, as per usual LTS practice, the HWE that is available now i NOT installed by default in current installs.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/LTSEnablementStack

Comment

So that's what i was missing. I was under the (wrong) impression that the kernel will just be upgraded (among x-server and others) by default. Thanks for clearing this out.

Comment

Originally posted by rbarsoianu View Post
        So that's what i was missing. I was under the (wrong) impression that the kernel will just be upgraded (among x-server and others) by default. Thanks for clearing this out.
        Yeah, unfortunately for us home and desktop users, suddenly changing kernel and xorg versions are not necessarily a desirable thing for all situations.

Comment

Working...
        X