This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I Install Keyring Update?

I noticed that there is an update for the keyring. In the past, with other Linux systems, I have had trouble with keyrings. They tended to mess up my email. I would have difficulty sending emails, because they kept asking for the keyring password. I decided I was better off without them.

I'm currently using KMail and also still have T-Bird on my system. Both are working fine. I don't want to "fix it till it's broke", so what about this update? Should I install it or not?

Since that is an update, that means you already have ubuntu-keyring on your system. To the best of my knowledge, ubuntu-keyring manages the gpg keys for (k)ubuntu update repos. I updated last night, and no problems.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.27.11​| Kubuntu 24.04 | 6.8.0-31-generic

Comment

Thanks. Can anyone else validate that this is an update? If not, I would rather hide this update.

Comment

Close Discover. Wait a few seconds. Open a konsole and type: sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

Look at the packages that are listed. You'll see packages that are identified as upgradable, and packages that will be installed (IF any). IF ubuntu-keyring is in the Upgradable list, it's an upgrade. Simple as that.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog. Yes. it was listed as an update. Since it is not causing any problems, I suppose I could update it. A little research showed me that people have trouble with keyrings when using Chromium browser. I'm using Falkon, and it's not causing any problems. My email also works fine. So I guess I'll go ahead with it.

Comment

Working...
          X