X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dolphin in fuse

Hi,
    Recently installed 18.04.1, to find I couldn't copy/paste files to & from cellphones anymore. Neither with KDE-connect, nor via USB cable. Connection establishes, but Dolphin starts behaving in a strange way while passing in FUSE mode. It shows a FUSE error message with KDE-connect, and works indefinitely to scan the cell's SD-card (apparently via Gwenview) when connected with USB cable.
    Have read here others have the same issues, but couldn't find a solution. Some moved to Nautilus, but I'd like to stay as much possible with KDE apps.
    What do you suggest?
    Thanks,

CORRECTION: Actually, it isn't Dolphin, but KDE-connect on the cell. It upgraded Nov. 3, to 1.10. By the same time I did install 18.04 on the comp, so I assumed it was Dolphin. But tested cell+comp with 16.04 and shows the same issues.
    As this thread emphasizes a fake problem, please delete-it. Sorry & thanks.
    Last edited by aria; Nov 24, 2018, 03:53 PM. Reason: Was wrong about Dolphin in FUSE mode
    aria

Originally posted by aria View Post
    Hi,
    It shows a FUSE error message with KDE-connect,,
    the error message may be of help.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

KDE-connect connects (both comp & cell are on KDE-connect, paired), and shows 3 folders: Camera pictures, Internal storage, and SD card. If I click in the computer on either of these folders an error message appears.
      For the SD card folder was: "The file or folder /run/user/1000/85d55e8978ecefe4/storage/extSdCard does not exist."
      For the Internal storage folder was: "The file or folder /run/user/1000/85d55e8978ecefe4/storage/sdcard0 does not exist."
      And for the Camera pictures folder was: "The file or folder /run/user/1000/85d55e8978ecefe4/storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera does not exist."
      Any idea? I have the updates/upgrades at day. In 16.04 Dolphin was working well, in 18.04 it doesn't in FUSE.
      Thanks,
      aria

Comment

I dont use KDE-connect or have a "smartphone" to test with , but the detailed info you posted may help someone that dose to help figure this out with you .

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks Vinny,
          One more detail for the pairing via KDE-connect:
          Everything here exists: /run/user/1000/85d55e8978ecefe4/
          Just that the "85d55e8978ecefe4" folder is empty.

As for connecting via USB, I can enter the cell's folders, but can do no download. Gwenview (which starts automatically when dragging files from the cell to comp +copy) seems to work by doing nothing: scans, and scans the source in-definitively. By connecting cell via USB, Dolphin opens it in FUSE too. And Dolphin in FUSE is the common denominator between USB and KDE-connect.
          Last edited by aria; Nov 24, 2018, 12:46 PM.
          aria

Comment

CORRECTION: Actually, it isn't Dolphin, but KDE-connect on the cell. It upgraded Nov. 3, to 1.10. By the same time I did install 18.04 on the comp, so I assumed it was Dolphin. But tested cell+comp with 16.04 and shows the same issues.
            As this thread emphasizes a fake problem, please delete-it. Sorry & thanks.
            aria

Comment

Working...
            X