This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[KDE] KDEInit stumbling

Another teething problem I fear. I have a program Linbmd - transcription software for the FreeBMD project - which runs fine on 12.04 but in 18.04 produces 'KDEInit could not launch /home/keith/Linbmd/linbmd'. Setup is identical in both versions - location is home/keith/Linbmd/linbmd and application command behind the icon is '/home/keith/Linbmd/linbmd' (no prefix or suffix symbols such as I notice with other applications) and the 'Is Executable' square filled in (in 12.04 it was a tick). I hesitate to post a long sob list but could anyone suggest why KDEInit should get such indigestion?

I fear the the problem may be that in 12.04 Init was used but in 18.04 systemd is use and no init is available. Not sure about that program you mentioned but it must have a init dependency it can not find.
    Is there a newer version of the program available?
    Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

https://github.com/andrew-m-higgs/linBMD has software from 2010. How did you install or from where did you get linbmd?
      Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
        I fear the the problem may be that in 12.04 Init was used but in 18.04 systemd is use and no init is available. Not sure about that program you mentioned but it must have a init dependency it can not find.
        Not so far as I know, story on the grapevine is that the author has lost interest. :-( I will check with the FreeBMD hierarchy.

Comment

From the FreeBMD website, I will check back with them and see if anyone else could be asked to do an upgrade.

Comment

KDEInit

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
            Well thanks for the idea but I think it not sound, there are a large number of KDEInit files in 18.04. I even thought of doing a comparison between those in 12.04 and those in 18.04 to see if any had changed but there were just too many to many it practical. No, no newer version. Maybe I will keep 12.04 available just for these LinBMD files.

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
              https://github.com/andrew-m-higgs/linBMD has software from 2010. How did you install or from where did you get linbmd?
              From FeeBMD, that version is the only one, author has never updated it. :-(

Comment

Working...
              X