Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KDE/Plasma 5 notification frustrations, any way to configure notifications?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE/Plasma 5 notification frustrations, any way to configure notifications?

I recently upgraded (16.04->17.10->18.04) my primary Kubuntu system.

Sometime ago, in the 16.04 regular update schedule, the KDE (or plasma 5) notifications changed. My particular issue was with an incoming Google Hangouts audio call now required finding the particular KDE notification, then hitting 'Activate' to be able to see the 'Accept Call' window for Hangouts.

Now, with my new 18.04 desktop, I'm having an issue where Google Play Music is generating a KDE (or plasma 5) notification for EVERY song change. I didn't realize I would need to click the close button on every ... single ... KDE (or plasma 5) ... notification window to make them go away.

Is there a way to tailor or configure these notifications? Hangouts notifications get priority/automatic activation. Google Play Music notifications are automatically dismissed after 2 seconds. Something like that.

Any pointers to relevant documentation would be greatly appreciated.

You could try yakyak:
    https://itsfoss.com/install-google-hangouts-linux/
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I'd like to know this too. Using kdeconnect for SMS is hit or miss because the KDE notification system has a mind of its own.
      Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
      X