This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] SDDM keyboard popup

Is there any way to prevent the appearance of the mouse/screen keyboard, or whatever it is called, that pops up when the login screen appears? It's very irritating and serves no purpose; this is a computer, not a cell phone. It should not be there at all. I can find no settings for this. Or is sddm no longer the preferred login manager? Thanks.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Hi
    I, personally have NEVER seen this phenomenon. But, then I'm just a hardware kinda guy and not too bright.

But, if you could please give some more information about your particular system and OS, I am sure that those who are much brighter than I will be able to help.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...n-login-screen
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks. Since I had no InputMethod section in sddm.conf, my only option was to remove qtvirtualkeyboard-plugin.
        Worked.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Originally posted by doctordruidphd View Post
          Thanks. Since I had no InputMethod section in sddm.conf, my only option was to remove qtvirtualkeyboard-plugin.
          Worked.
          That wasn't your only option...like with all config files, if a particular section doesn't exist you can add it and it will be read.

Comment

Wellll this old woodsmoker learned something NEW today!

woodthankeesmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
              That wasn't your only option...like with all config files, if a particular section doesn't exist you can add it and it will be read.
              Tried it both ways - deleting the package, replacing the package and going with an empty InputMethod=

Both worked, glad it's gone. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X