This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Buletooth with 18.04

I'm running 18.04 on my ASUS TP300LD laptop and am trying to use a Bose Mini II speaker. I can connect to the speaker and the speaker replies back that it is connected. However, when I try and play a video with Firefox or Pandora music, sound still comes through the laptop speakers. How to I get sound through my Bluetooth speaker?

use the audio controller in the system tray to drag the application to the device you want to hear play back on .

OR
    System settings-> multimedia ->Device perferances move the device to the top of the multimedia section . (this will make the device perfered for that kind of audio)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      use the audio controller in the system tray to drag the application to the device you want to hear play back on .
      Using the audio controller under "Devices" I can see the "Bose mini" and can make it default and mute the internal speakers. Under "Applications" I see "Firefox: AudioStream". Still no sound coming through the Bose Mini. However, when I move the slider bar under "devices" I get a popping sound as the slider moves.
      Originally posted by sithlord48 View Post
      OR
      System settings-> multimedia ->Device perferances move the device to the top of the multimedia section . (this will make the device perfered for that kind of audio)
      I moved the Bose mini to the top but no joy. However, when I...System settings-> multimedia ->audio and video->audio hardware setup, I can turn off the internal speakers and Bluetooth now works.
      Thanks for the pointers;
      Mark

Comment

Sorry I didn't see your post. I just dealt with this issue above:

https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...pdate-to-18-04

The problem appears to be firmware/kernel level, and not distro-related, which means that any distro using the current kernel and firmware is going to have the same problems.

I downgraded the Kernel to 4.10.17 on my own system and that solved the Bluetooth issues. Everything works as it should.

Comment

Working...
        X