This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN doesn't work after upgrade from Xenial to Bionic

I have configuration for VPN which I've used for couple of years in 16.04. I've simply used network manager UI to Connect/Disconnect and it has worked nicely so far.
    After upgrading to 18.04 the NM UI has same network entries but the VPN connection can't be established. UI detects click on 'Connect' but in addition to that, nothing happens.

(I have installed network-manager-openvpn)

From where should I start to look at to get some useful diagnostics? I assume this is known issue - is there known workaround?

This is critical issue as VPN is needed to work out of office. So far the best solution is to set up an old Kubuntu in VM and hope it works as it used to.

Thanks in advance!

Solved

Installing correct VPN plugin helped. In other words,

Code:
    sudo apt install network-manager-sstp
    Somehow I didn't see the UI indicating that needed plugin is missing, but I may have missed that.

Cheers

Originally posted by raatikka View Post
    I have configuration for VPN which I've used for couple of years in 16.04. I've simply used network manager UI to Connect/Disconnect and it has worked nicely so far.
    After upgrading to 18.04 the NM UI has same network entries but the VPN connection can't be established. UI detects click on 'Connect' but in addition to that, nothing happens.

(I have installed network-manager-openvpn)

From where should I start to look at to get some useful diagnostics? I assume this is known issue - is there known workaround?

This is critical issue as VPN is needed to work out of office. So far the best solution is to set up an old Kubuntu in VM and hope it works as it used to.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Working...
    X