Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dolphin Networking - Unable to create io-slave?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin Networking - Unable to create io-slave?

I have been unable to resolve my networking issues.
    Fresh install on ASUS laptop S510U.
    When trying to access 'Network' or 'Samba Shares' in Dolphin it generates the following messages:
    Unable to create io-slave. klauncher said: Could not find the 'k5f/kio/network' plugin
    Unable to create io-slave. klauncher said: Could not find the 'k5f/kio/smb' plugin

I've tried searching on these messages but the results have not been applicable.
    It seems like I'm missing an installation step somewhere but I'm just not that familiar with this OS.
    Any ideas?

So I figured out the plugin’s were actually missing. While trying to install them I managed to break my installation so I downloaded the latest ISO (18.04.1) and reinstalled.
    While doing this I recalled I skipped setting up my wireless connection & since this laptop does not have an Ethernet card (wireless only) I’m thinking the installation figure it did need to install any networking files.
    After reinstalling and setting up my wireless connection during installation everything is good.
    Now I’m down to the samba dilemma whereas smbbtree sees all my shares but Dolphin sees noting.

Comment

Working...
    X