X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activities

Dear All,

I discover "activities". It appears that one software which is open in one activity is also frequently open in another activity.
    Please do you know if it is possible to have few browsers open in one activity and which don't appear in a second activity?
    I would like to have an activity with particular websites shown in few browsers and a second activity without these browsers, more precisely I would like to always have the first activity with the websites which are shown automatically when this activity is started.
    Please is it possible?

Normally, that is how activities should work. However, not all programs, particularly web browsers, follow the settings. Which browser is doing this?

I use Firefox for a lot of things, and don't have the issue here on my KDE Neon systems (much more up to date in terms of Plasma and KDE), and don't have any issues doing exactly what you are looking at. Chrome sometimes does whatever the heck it wants to, which for me is to refuse to open on the activity, though I have not seen that happen in a while.

Comment

Thank you claydoh for your answer.
      I use Firefox.
      I use Vivaldi which enable to show as many windows as desired in one window
      I use Opera.
      I use Superbird.
      They all appear in the two activities.

Comment

If you right-click the title bar, do you see something like:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	activities.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	644923
        and after clicking Show in Activities
        Click image for larger version

Name:	activities2.png
Views:	1
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	644924
        IIUC you can set what you want there.

If what you want is not persisting, you can use "Window Rules" (in system settings, window management) to force different apps to specific activities. I've just noticed I had a problem once with Firefox and fixed it this way; I've forgotten why. I find window rules are like that, they quietly do their job and I forget they're there.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

I did not know about SuperBird and will install it.
          thanks
          woodsmoke
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
          X