This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Trackpad no longer functions

I just noticed that my trackpad no longer functions, dead in the water. I rarely use it and have it setup to turn off when a mouse is connected so I'm not sure how long it has been this way. It does work pre-boot or with a live disk.

I used to get a sound notification when my mouse was connected or disconnected but that is not working either.

Best,

Ed
    Attached Files
    If you think Education is expensive, try ignorance.

The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has limits.

Double check that it has not set to 'disabled' in System Settings.

If that is fine,then we need to look for your device info;

Run the command xinput list and look for the touchpad

Here is what mine looks like
    Code:
    $ xinput list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                                               id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                            id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ MSFT0004:00 06CB:7F28 Mouse                 id=10   [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ MSFT0004:00 06CB:7F28 [B]Touchpad            id=11 [/B]  [slave  pointer  (2)]

Then try the command to enable it:
    xinput set-prop 11 "Device Enabled" 1

Substitute whatever ID you get form the list command for the '11' in my case.
    Hopefully that works.

Comment

Code:
      Ap Virtual core pointer                          id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
      ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
      ⎜   ↳ SYNA1202:00 06CB:CD65 Mouse               id=13   [slave  pointer  (2)]
      ⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                id=17   [slave  pointer  (2)]
      ⎜   ↳ Logitech M705                             id=11   [slave  pointer  (2)]
      ⎜   ↳ SYNA1202:00 06CB:CD65 Touchpad            id=14   [slave  pointer  (2)]
      ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                         id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
      parently I have two listings:

Comment

It worked, thanks Claydoh.

Comment

Working...
        X