X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LM-Sensors and Ryzen 3000

Hello,
    Recently, I changed my hardware to cpu Ryzen 3000 (Ryzen 5 3600) with motherboard chipets X470.
    I search in google, I view that, this problem is with the new Ryzen 3000, lm-sensors not detect any sensor.
    Some patchs to solved this, but what I have found, nothing is clarifying to solve the problem.

Also, I try with the latest kernel, but continue with the problem, sensors not detect any sensor.

Some iddea to solved this?

Thanks and regards.

What does
    inxi -s
    say?

Comment

Hello.
      This is for inxi -s
      Code:
      ~$ inxi -s
      Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: No active sensors found. Have you configured your sensors yet? mobo: N/A gpu: 45.0
      I try to configurate sensors with:
      sudo sensors-detect

Thanks.

Comment

Well, I guess lm-sensors does not support that motherboard... yet. :·/
        There may be patches or other specific monitoring tools, but... from what I read, it's... complicated ;·)

Comment

Correct, as far as I've read, it's complicated, patches and so on ... complicated I see ...
          The "pity" is that, I tried the last kernel 5.3, and the same thing happens ...
          This motherboard is not the most recent, it has a little more than 1 year of life (since its creation) it does not have the last chipset (the last one is the x570) ...
          I will keep looking, but if you have to patch or something similar ... I think I will not ...
          Regards.

Comment

Well, apparently there is a $14 USB thermometer that works well with Linux...

Comment

Hum...I go to view with detail... :-P
              I think this thermometer not work with lm-sensors, if yes, then, not work for me
              I go to search info and view with detail...

Thanks!

Comment

Hey, I'm just joking. Try saying my name aloud ;·)
                It won't work with lm-sensors, no. But it can show - on your screen - the temperature of... say, other things, like... your forehead when you've been playing with lm-sensors too long... :·)

Comment

Do you know about level1techs.com? They're very interested in the latest in running Linux on Ryzen, and would welcome a post with your question.
                  Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by Don B. Cilly View Post
                    Hey, I'm just joking. Try saying my name aloud ;·)
                    It won't work with lm-sensors, no. But it can show - on your screen - the temperature of... say, other things, like... your forehead when you've been playing with lm-sensors too long... :·)
                    Yes!!! Of corse!!!
                    Its for view this option yes, but at the moment...with the temp of cpu's and gpu for me its sufficient

PD: Good location are you

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                    Do you know about level1techs.com? They're very interested in the latest in running Linux on Ryzen, and would welcome a post with your question.
                    Humm...ok, after a few hours, I go to level1techs.com and indicate this.

But after read more I view (or I think) what are the problem.
                    K10temp, in the actual version we have in the kernel, not support new generation of Ryzen.
                    We and/or I have 2 options:
                    1.-Install/compile new version of k10temp in the kernel.
                    I search info about how compile this module (or the newer version) in the kernel, the instructions I view are since a few years ago...hum...
                    2.-The next 5.4 kernel have this new version implemented: https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pa...-Zen-2-Thermal

I know that, the next kubuntu 19.10 have the 5.3 kernel...or I wait or when are published 5.4 kernel at mainline, install from this...

Thanks and regards!!
                    Last edited by wonder; Sep 17, 2019, 02:55 AM.

Comment

You can get it before it's released to an actual distribution by using UKUU (Ubuntu Kernel Update Utility).
                      Maybe read this thread here on KFN about risks and benefits.

But what I mean is, if you get UKUU and check it every now and then, you'll see when 5.4 is available.
                      From what I can see in the repo, it isn't yet. Scrolling down gets to 5.3.

Comment

Thanks!
                        I know ukuu, a few days ago, I test ukuu (since few days ago, I don't know about ukuu and install for test).

Like you indicate, I can see in the repo for manual installation and or view when are available 5.4.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                        X