X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[LAPTOP] Acer Laptop with Nvidia Drivers - Animations play too fast

Hello Guys,
    excuse me for disturbing you, I just have a question about my Laptop.
    BTW, I'm a Linux Newby and my English Grammar is not the best, I hope you can still understand it.

I have the following Hardware:
    Acer Aspire E5-575G (2016)
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7200U
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
    RAM: 8GB DDR4

I have the / Directory on my 256GB SSD, as well as the Bootloader(sdb) and a 512MB EFI-Partition. The /home/ Directory is on my 1TB Hard Drive.
    As far as I can tell, I have succesfully installed Kubntu in UEFI-Mode and run the X.org Server (not Wayland).

And with the trusted File in the UEFI, the System boots just normal. But if I try to install the recommended Nvidia Graphics Driver the System still boots, but all Animations are way too fast.
    The Circle in the Splash Screen spins too fast, the WiFi Connection spins too fast. I know this is really nitpickung, but it really annoys me.
    I hope my Description is enough to identfy the Problem, because I hadn't found a proper solution on my own, or I'm just to stupid to use the search.

Your's Faithfully
    RoyalArgus

Is it 'only' the displayed icons that 'spin to fast'; the actual system and applications run fine? If 'yes', I really wouldn't worry about it; really.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I am going to bet that by using accelerated graphics with the proprietary Nvidia graphics, you are seeing the 'correct' speeds here. You might try changing the compositor settings from OpenGl (gpu rendering) to xrender (software rendering ei done on the cpu), but that might also slow down other parts.

Look in System Settings --display --compositor (or something similar, I am away from my Linux systems)
      There is no way to adjust these animation speeds without diving into the code of each widget that is too fast for you. They might know how over on KDE's forums, unless someone here knows how.

Comment

Working...
      X