This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Logitech Unified Reciever Prevents System Boot

I have just built a new computer and bought a new wireless mouse and keyboard, a logitech set with unified receiver. It seems that Kubuntu does not support this hardware as I needed to borrow a mouse and keyboard to install Kubuntu (18.04.01) and subsequently to use Kubuntu once it was installed. As a stop gap I just got some super cheap mouse and keyboard and they work fine. Further testing shows that it is the logitech hardware that is the problem despite the fact that they work on another Ubuntu 17.10 system that I have. So in total I have 2 Logitech mouse & keyboards that cause the problem.

The problem that is caused is that I get the POST screen and then the system just hangs (both from thumb drive prior to install and from boot drive after install).

Is there a cure/ work around for this?

After running updates from Discovery the problem has been cured without needing further action.

Comment

Glad it is working for you , I've been using logitech wireless mice for ages and never had one fail to work in linux.
      Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

lc1di,

it is only the the Unifying receiver from Logitech, that is the one dongle that supports multiple devices, which it must be said is a very good idea. If you have a stand alone Logitech mouse with it's dedicated dongle (receiver) it works fine.

Comment

Working...
        X