This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspend-to-RAM disables wireless... usually

When I suspend-to-RAM (e.g., by closing my laptop lid) and then reawaken, there's a good chance (>50%) the wireless won't work. It's not an issue with my router; nothing shows up in the list of available networks. Then i have to play around with suspend/wakeup and/or turning airplane mode on/off until it comes back on again, or, in some cases, I have to reboot a la Windows.

"inxi -n" returns

Network: Card-1: Intel Wireless 7265 driver: iwlwifi
    IF: wlp1s0 state: up ...

while "sudo lshw -C network" returns:

*-network
    description: Wireless interface
    product: Wireless 7265
    vendor: Intel Corporation
    physical id: 0
    bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
    logical name: wlp1s0
    version: 59
    serial: 60:f6:77:7e:30:1a
    width: 64 bitshttps://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthread.php/74184-Kernel-4-15-0-30-broke-Wifi-on-my-Surface-pro-3
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: pm msi pciexpress bus_master cap_list ethernet physical wireless
    configuration: broadcast=yes driver=iwlwifi driverversion=4.15.0-30-generic firmware=29.1044073957.0 ip=192.168.1.5 latency=0 link=yes multicast=yes wireless=IEEE 802.11
    resources: irq:132 memory:b4200000-b4201fff
    *-network
    description: Ethernet interface

Thread https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...-Surface-pro-3 discusses the possibility it has something to do with kernel 4-15-0-30. In my case, I've seen this problem before, although it has gotten a lot worse since I upgraded. I don't know if that's just a coincidence.

In the meantime, is there a process or daemon that runs the wireless that I could try sending some kind of signal to, or killing and restarting, because repeated suspend-to-RAM is a PITA.
    Last edited by Mister Pi; Aug 15, 2018, 10:12 PM.
Working...
X