This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printer prints a test page but nothing from Apps

I installed Kubuntu 18.04 and everything works nicely. I tested my printer and it printed off the test page. But I can't print anything from Apps. I see the page sitting in the printer que and it says it printed but nothing came out of the printer.
    I read somewhere that this new release is buggy for printers. Any solutions?

My crystal ball is broken. I can't see what the make and model of your printer is, what driver you are using, and if you've set that printer as the default.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I have a Samsung ML-2165 B&W laser printer. The Kubuntu printer driver is for the ML-2165. The document goes to the print que and says printed.
      Everything works fine on Ubuntu Studio. I think the problem is somewhere between the Apps and the Cups. I'm not sure how to troubleshoot however.

Comment

What does /var/log/cups/error_log have in it?

If nothing if interest then in the printer dialog go to 'Image Quality' tab, or click on 'Properties' then go to 'Image Quality' tab and try different resolutions then click 'Print'. See which resolution, if any, prints.

If nothing prints then try deactivating the AppArmor protection with
        sudo aa-complain cupsd
        If this helps, look for messages containing audit in the /var/log/syslog file. These show which components are accessed by the printing system for which there is no explicit permission given in /etc/apparmor.d/usr.sbin.cupsd. You can re-activate AppArmor via
        sudo aa-enforce cupsd

The following site has some excellent trouble shooting tips, which is where I got the one above: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebuggingPrintingProblems
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X