This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel-microcode and slow usb transfer rate

Yesterday, I was a fresh install of kubuntu 18.04.
    I view that, not have the option for installer in Driver Manager.
    By Moun, I installed this package.

Also (I don't know if have parallelism or not) my usb transfer rate its very slow...

I have a new usb3 external hard drive.

First, copy from computer to external hard driver, the transfer rate its good.

When transfer from my external hard disk to my computer...ups...for 374GB take 10 hours and not finish (it's about an hour and a half). The medium transfer rate its 12-14 mb/s.
    My motherboard its new, and use usb3 port.

Thanks in adevanced.

I believe there is an issue to fix for some systems with the microcode for the Bionic kernel, so the Kernel team are waiting on an update.

Hence driver manager no longer offers it for now, and when appropriate microcode does become available, it will become a dependency of the relevant kernel to ensure it is always applied.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Ok, thank you very much!
      But I installed the micro code trough Muon, its better uninstall the micro code now in wait to the Kernel Team update?

Again, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by wonder View Post
        Ok, thank you very much!
        But I installed the micro code trough Muon, its better uninstall the micro code now in wait to the Kernel Team update?

Again, thank you!
        Kernel team tell me that the issues were more "random crashing" and only affects a "subset of machines". So if you are not getting that, it's probably ok to leave it as is.

Plus there should be another update on it's way very shortly.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

I have random crashes too in my fresh Kubuntu 18.04

It happens absolutely random, sometimes, when i am listening to music, the system freeze and the sound become in a little loop. I just can reboot, and I dont see nothing in the logs.

I had Kubuntu 14.04 and it worked perfect.

Thanks for the information acheron

Comment

Working...
          X