This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ttf-mscorefonts-installer

I just tried to install ttf-mscorefonts-installer from the 17.10 repository and it fails with a hash error.

Am I (again) to exception?

No you are not. I just tried to install the fonts on Neon and on Kubuntu 18.04 (vm) and got the same error message. I used Muon to install the installer, and according to that, it is installed, but I see no ms fonts on Libre Office. I used to like the Trebuchet font, but I don't really need a word processor much anymore, being retired, so I've decided to forget about the ms fonts entirely and use Liberation.

Comment

Might want to file a bug against the package if it's getting a hash error.
      ​"Keep it between the ditches"
      K*Digest Blog
      K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by oldgeek View Post
        ... I used Muon to install the installer, and according to that, it is installed, but I see no ms fonts on Libre Office. ...
        https://askubuntu.com/questions/1000...-windows-fonts maybe relevant?
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
          That explains it to me. I don't need MSOffice compatibililty anyway.

Comment

It's not about compatibility per se, I already forgot the name but a couple of days ago some (web) application was expecting Arial.

I have moved on past LibreOffice and bought a licence for the Softmaker Office suite, very nice.
            And it does come with all the popular fonts.
            Last edited by Teunis; Mar 04, 2018, 04:41 PM.

Comment

I downloaded the free version (2016) and it doesn't seem like anything special, although it does have the ms fonts. It's cheaper by a third to download the non-free version than to use Office 365 (at least in Peru) so I guess if you need a word processor that is fully compatible with Microsoft Office then this would be a good bet. The English Dept at the high school I used to work in before I retired solved the compatibility problem by using Google's office suite, which worked well enough if you didn't want anything fancy. It would be nice to hear more about your experience with Softmaker's products.

Comment

Softmaker works for me, on the business side we use a lot of Excel documents and they happen to show up perfectly.

In the day they supplied a free version for the Nokia n900 that I registered, based on that registration they offered a big discount for the present pro version and I went for it.

Comment

Working...
                X