Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Libreoffice file dialog broken after update from 5.4.2.2 to 5.4.5.1.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Libreoffice file dialog broken after update from 5.4.2.2 to 5.4.5.1.

I'm having problems with Libreoffice since the update from 5.4.2.2 to 5.4.5.1 (22.02.2018).
    Opening the file dialog ("save as" or "open file") causes Writer and Presenter to crash.

Is there an easy way to revert to the previous version of Libreoffice / has anyone a workaround?

All help is appreciated

Can you post a screenshot of the information shown in the window that appears when you click on Help > About LibreOffice?

Also, please run
    Code:
    apt list --installed | grep -iE "(libreoffice-gtk|libreoffice-kde)"
    and post that here.
    Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Crashing of LibreOffice is being discussed on the mailing-list I'm on. As you have posted, it started happening after the latest update. I'm sure the developers are on it, and that a fix will be forth coming.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
        Can you post a screenshot of the information shown in the window that appears when you click on Help > About LibreOffice?

Also, please run
        Code:
        apt list --installed | grep -iE "(libreoffice-gtk|libreoffice-kde)"
        and post that here.
        libreoffice-kde/artful-updates,artful-security,now 1:5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.1 amd64 [installed]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Crashing of LibreOffice is being discussed on the mailing-list I'm on. As you have posted, it started happening after the latest update. I'm sure the developers are on it, and that a fix will be forth coming.
          Thanks! From the kubuntu users list:
          Workaround:

sudo apt-get remove --purge libreoffice-kde

ugly as hell but at least it works.

Bye
          --
          Luca
          Originally posted by Ulty Dirkinson View Post
          libreoffice-kde/artful-updates,artful-security,now 1:5.4.5-0ubuntu0.17.10.1 amd64 [installed]...
          Try removing libreoffice-kde as suggested above and install libreoffice-gtk2 instead. See if that helps, at least for now. If it doesn't, just go back to the original.

I don't know if it's something to do with 17.10 but LibreOffice Writer (5.4.5) isn't misbehaving on 16.04 in that manner. In kde mode it doesn't have the same appearance as other kde4 applications but that's about it.
          Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
            Thanks! From the kubuntu users list:

Try removing libreoffice-kde as suggested above and install libreoffice-gtk2 instead. See if that helps, at least for now. If it doesn't, just go back to the original.

I don't know if it's something to do with 17.10 but LibreOffice Writer (5.4.5) isn't misbehaving on 16.04 in that manner. In kde mode it doesn't have the same appearance as other kde4 applications but that's about it.
            Using the gtk2 version works, thanks!

Comment

You're welcome.

But here's hoping an update allows me to use "VCL: kde4" as before. I'm seeing some screen redrawing issues, more of a nuisance nature, with gtk2 (or maybe its's something to with with 5.4.5 itself).
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
              X