X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer does not reliably detect when HDMI cable disconnected

Hi!

When I connect an HDMI cable to my Kubuntu laptop, the machine generally detects this and adjusts my display accordingly. When I go to System Settings -> Display and Monitor -> Displays, I can see the external monitor and position it.

When I disconnect the HDMI cable, my computer sometimes detects that the external monitor is gone and adjusts display automatically. But sometimes it doesn't detect it. Sometimes I need to go to System Settings and manually disable the "phantom" monitor in order to get the computer to stop using it. (That or log out and log back in.)

This is not random. If it fails to detect the disconnected HDMI, then it will keep failing no matter how many times I reconnect and disconnect the cable (until I reboot). If it detects the disconnected HDMI, it will continue to detect it correctly when I reconnect and disconnect. I do not know how to reliably reproduce it.

Has anyone met this problem?

I believe that this is a bug. Can anyone please advise me: Whom should I report this to? Which component is responsible for this?

Comment

Working...
    X