X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sane

Hi,
    I guess that Kubuntu comes with an old SANE driver list. I am using the scanner-printer Canon MG 5750. Since about 1 year the SANE driver for this scanner is listed as completely working. How can I change the SANE driver to make my scanner working?
    Kind regards,
    Sigurd

You might try installing the driver downloaded from here:
    https://www.canon-europe.com/support...nux%20(64-bit)
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi GreyGeek,
      Thank you for your advice. The Linux-software from Canon is a very, very simple App (only 300 dpi, no preview). But it is better than nothing.
      I made reinstallation of Kubuntu and now Xsane immediately recognizes my scanner. Isn't that curious? But for me the problem is solved.
      Kind regards,
      Sigurd

Comment

Originally posted by Sigurd View Post
        Hi GreyGeek,
        Thank you for your advice. The Linux-software from Canon is a very, very simple App (only 300 dpi, no preview). But it is better than nothing.
        I made reinstallation of Kubuntu and now Xsane immediately recognizes my scanner. Isn't that curious? But for me the problem is solved.
        Kind regards,
        Sigurd
        Was the ISO a fresh download?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Hi GreyGeek,
          Yes, it was.
          Regards,
          Sigurd

Comment

Originally posted by Sigurd View Post
            Hi GreyGeek,
            Yes, it was.
            Regards,
            Sigurd
            The previous iso was probably defective or its burn was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X