This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact Shutdown Error

I always have my Calendar Kontact running on my system. With artful, Kontact gives and error on shutdown. I finally got my camera back so that I could take a picture of this event.

The error I get is:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Kontact_Exit.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	649241

No other applications that I leave active on exit give an error - only Kontact.

Can you post the backtrace?

What other sources for artful have you enabled?
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Originally posted by acheron View Post
      Can you post the backtrace?
      I have checked the log files and there is no sign of Kontact in it. You may have to spoon feed me on how to get a backtrace.

What other sources for artful have you enabled?
      I have only the basic sources installed. I did add the canonical source.

On the system that I used for the development phase, I still have the proposed and kernel 14 sources. On that system I also constantly experienced the Kontact error on logout or shutdown.

Comment

Backtrace is what the developer information tab shows. May need to install extra packages to get the best output though.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Backtrace is what the developer information tab shows. May need to install extra packages to get the best output though.
          I have installed:

Code:
          android-libbacktrace
          kubuntu-debug-installer
          kubuntu-debuginstaller-dbg
          android-libunwind
          I should emphasize that the problem with Kontact occurs during the system shutdown and the screen that I showed in the post above lasts barely 10s. It is impossible to do any debug steps in that time.

Comment

I have not been able to solve this problem and have tolerated it by either exiting Kontact or using KOrganizer which gives no error on Shutdown.

I have found that by issuing the following command before shutdown:
            Code:
            akonadictl stop
            There is no error reported by Kontact. So it looks as though the problem is with something in akonadi.

What I would like to know is how to generate a script to automatically run at shutdown. Does anyone know how to do this?

Comment

Create a text file and in the first line put
              #!/bin/bash
              And make your line the next line
              Dave it and give it The execute permission. On the KDE logout config screen add that file to be executed on KDE shutdown.
              (This is all from memory from my 76 yr old brain but it should get you in the ballpark)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I have a file kontact.sh in ~/.kde/shutdown and it contains:
                Code:
                #!/bin/bash
                akonadictl stop
                I assume that having the suffix ".sh" is correct. I find that executing this file from a terminal stops akonadi, but the script script in shutdown has no effect, ie the Kontact error still happens.

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
                  I have a file kontact.sh in ~/.kde/shutdown and it contains:
                  Code:
                  #!/bin/bash
                  akonadictl stop
                  I assume that having the suffix ".sh" is correct. I find that executing this file from a terminal stops akonadi, but the script script in shutdown has no effect, ie the Kontact error still happens.
                  Plasma5 does not use ~/.kde directory anymore (it's a kde4 left over)...if you want a script to run on plasma5 session logout, you can put a script (or symlink) to ~/.config/plasma-workspace/shutdown/ (you can also do this graphically in systemsettings like GreyGeek mentioned)

Comment

Thanks for the new location for the shutdown. I found that by locating the file in ~/.config/plasma-workspace/shutdown/ it also appeared in system settings as the logout script.

The only problem is that the shutdown error from Kontact is still there. I am starting to wonder if the script is not executed before kontact is "removed" in the shutdown process.

Comment

Working...
                    X