X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Autostarts

Hello,

KTorrent starts automatically on reboot. It is not listed on the Autostart menu (System Settings > Workspace > Startup and Shutdown > Autostart). Also sometimes Firefox starts automatically yet it is (listed and) not enabled in that menu. You can search in the System Settings for autostart and you also find there is (System Settings > Personalization > Applications > Locations) an Autostart path. Look inside and you see some shortcuts. It seems disparity or a bug. Ideas?

I am not in my 17.10 system at the moment ,,,but if you shutdown with somthing running and have system settings>startup and shutdown>desktop session set to "on login" restore previous session .

then whatever was open will restart .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

It is set to restore previous session but it has happened many times that I close the automatically startup KTorrent and it appears again on next login.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamid View Post
        It is set to restore previous session but it has happened many times that I close the automatically startup KTorrent and it appears again on next login.
        you do know that when you close Ktorrent ,,,,it defaults to "minimizing" to the system tray ?

try setting system settings>startup and shutdown>desktop session to "start with an empty session"

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Checked KTorrent before, but there is no straightforward hint on its startup or minimize to system tray on window close etc. Seems spars. Keeping start with previous session is good since I have a couple of applications that I usually work with. But this torrent thing or the random up fire of FireFox caught my attention. I think there is some flaw design to be brought down and corrected, of course with appreciation. To be clear, this torrent behavior I have noticed in other applications such as KGpg which when closed, there is no way for the users other than the devs to know it is not terminated but accessible through the system tray. Check this one: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=348983.

Comment

Added ktorrent (case sensitive) to the exclude option found at: system settings>startup and shutdown>desktop session and it doesn't load automatically anymore.

Comment

Working...
            X