Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O and if you have plasma 5.11.4 in Kubuntu-17.10 you must have added the ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-ppa/backports-landing to your sources.list ,, this is a way to get the latest plasma and KDE stuff ,,,,BUT is not considered exactly stable or unstable ,,,,kinda in flux .

so one can ,,and should expect some breakage at times if using it ,,,,,how are you doing your updates ?

@hear it's
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    this insures a fully updated system and the plasma-5.11.4 did not brake in my 17.10 install like it did in my Neon-/dev/stable .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Yes, I do have the backport ppa in my sources. Also, I am aware that the KDE version is not stable. I have installed 17.10 on a test partition just to try and test it. When I noted that I can access through recovery but not regular main grub, I thought it may be only in my case and perhaps I did something wrong. For upgrading I always follow as you mentioned. BTW, I got my access through Resume in recovery option back. Just like you I just keep up with upgrades and hopefully through time it will work out to be fine. I have no other issues so far and 17.10 works fine for me except being a CPU hog.
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X