This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scrolling in Discover too slow

Scrolling through everything in Discover is painfully slow. Like two full scroll per application. Everywhere else scrolling is fine.
    This problem was there right from the fresh install of the OS.

Mouse wheel scrolls by: 3 lines

Kubuntu 17.10 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor × 8
    7,8 GB RAM
    25 GB SSD + 120 GB SSD

Also in the post "
    >>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN HELP THE NEW GUY <<< ", the suggested ways of finding out the KDE and grub versions didn't work for me. About KDE didn't show a version anywhere, just general info.

If you need more info let me know.

I got the same issue, it seems do depend on the graphics driver.

On an old computer (nearly 10 years old, Intel quad core, 3D dektop effects no more working since Ubuntu 16.04) the same behavior shows up.
    Another pc (current i5) works fine.

Comment

It appears that your old PC fell out of the window of compatibility.
      Due to size limitations of the ISO developers remove drivers for old PCs, especially models that didn’t have many users, to make room for drivers for the latest PCs. It takes a little time for the new drivers to be built and tested. That leads to the “sliding window of compatibility”. There are some PCs that never become popular and fit in the window only by chance or because that make-model was purchased by a developer. It’s pretty hard to develop drivers for devices developers don’t have access to, especially if they aren’t given access to the specs, which is most of the time for most of the equipment.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X