This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam Controller

I just noticed that my steam controller works with Kubuntu 17.10. Where can I find a control app? Input device's only has settings for keyboard, touch pad ,mouse and joystick. There is no game pad.
    Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Steam controllers only work within the Steam App as far as I am aware of. You can use the controller for non-steam games, however, by adding them to your steam library manually. When launched from within steam, you can use the steam overlay to configure the controller, just as with native steam games. Additionally, an aspiring coding guru has made a steam controller driver for using the steam controller outside of steam altogether. Might be worth checking out, depending on why you are asking the question.

Standalone Steam Controller Driver

Steam Controller F.A.Q. (Reddit)
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I am asking because it works outside of steam in Kubuntu 17.10. I figure since it works with this OS then their is probably something that is making it work and I want to know if their is a GUI or if I have to do something at the CLI level. When Steam for Linux is in big picture mode, it dosn't work right and I wounder If Kubuntu 17.10 needs to reconfigure how it interprets the controller.
      Just to remind users and devs that Ubuntu and its flavors have a long way to go to be as usr friendly as they should be.

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu

Comment

Good to know! In that case, might be beneficial to file a bug Might be worth filing a bug requesting the input configuration dialogues include Steam controller support. However, in Big Picture Mode, I believe it is solely the Steam app that is controlling the controller? I don't believe the underlying OS has anything to do with how the controller works within Steam. Maybe try to verify your controller config from within the controller settings within the steam app?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171218_154706.png
Views:	1
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	643691
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
        X