Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just reading that (K)ubuntu is using PulseAudio 10, there is a newer version 11 that fixes many of these problems supposedly.

Here comes the bit you won’t want to hear: it’s not a trivial task to upgrade to PulseAudio 11.0 on Ubuntu (alas!).

Ubuntu 17.10 currently uses PulseAudio 10.0, with nothing newer currently pending in the package queue.

So, if you eager to try out the various improvements on offer you’ll need to upgrade PulseAudio manually using a third-party PPA (not recommended) or by opting to build it from source (also not recommended).

As the PulseAudio website makes plain: upgrading an integral part of your OS isn’t something to be done lightly, so should you manage to find a way do let us know about it do be careful and backup any important configs.

You can check which version of PulseAudio you’re using by running this command:

pulseaudio --version
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/09/p...io-11-released
    Last edited by tomp01; Oct 30, 2017, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I have just installed Ubuntu 17.10, maybe it will break, but just to say that Bluetooth works perfectly with both my speakers. I have given up on Kubuntu for the time being.

Comment

Working...
      X