X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kmail - akonadi not starting

Hi all

I decided to do a clean, fresh install for the first time in years, and that meant setting up my email accounts in kmail again from scratch.

As seems traditional, I ran into akonadi problems. When I start kmail I get an error message saying that akonadi hasn't started, along with a button to click in order to start akonadi. Clicking this button works, akonadi starts, and email appears.

This seems a wasted and redundant step (and I have a vague feeling I ran into something similar before). Does anyone know how to get akonadi to start itself automatically, rather than seeing this kmail error message and clicking start?

Thanks!

That start button sometimes appears on my Neon installation as well. I think it is a timing issue, but as long as it works most of the time and I only have to push the button one out of 25 bootups it's not a big enough problem to worry about.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Go to Settings - System settings - Startup and Shutdown - Autostart.

Select "Add Script" - click folder icon, go to and select /usr/bin/akonadi_control

Status = Enabled
      Run On = Startup

Msg to self - Must learn how to properly format this type of reply

Comment

Thanks GreyGeek and Worzel. This was happening every time, so needed a fix. Your suggestion worked Worzel -thank you.

However, I shouldn't need to manually tell akonadi to start using a script. Surely the correct behavior would be for akonadi to start when I start kmail or any of the PIM suite? Should I file a bug report?

Comment

Working...
        X