X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

plasma-discover, unable to install icons

Hello
    I've just installed Kubuntu 17.04.
    I was trying to install new sets of icons from the plasma discover app, but it appeared that for some Icons packs the install process never start and cannot be canceled (though the install running message), and on the top of that, it's impossible to close plasma discover except by performing a pkill plasma-discover.

Any idea to solve this issue?

Welcome to KFN.

Discover sucks. Almost everyone agrees on that. Install either, Muon Package Manager or Synaptic Package Manager and use them instead.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Welcome to KFN.

Discover sucks. Almost everyone agrees on that. Install either, Muon Package Manager or Synaptic Package Manager and use them instead.
      Ok
      I'm gonna try it , thanks.

Where can I find Icon pack names so that I'll be able to search them in Synaptic? I know this web site: https://store.kde.org/

Is there any other?

Comment

Go into System Settings and look at Icons > Icon Themes.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
          Go into System Settings and look at Icons > Icon Themes.
          I had tried from there several times, and I often encountered the following error when trying installing some icon sets: Unknown error "Open collaboration Service" (103)
          for example the "AwOken" (not found in Synaptic) or "Faenza" icons.

Anyway, it has worked to install Numix or Faenza from Synaptic even if a few icons are missing (Ksysguard, Konsole, K...)

Comment

Working...
          X