This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kontact 16.12.3 only has PM times

Some time ago Kontact had the problem of always defining PM times when an AM time was defined for a New Event. Well this problem is back again. I have tested it on Zesty and my Artful installation and they both have the same problem, ie define an AM time and a PM time is displayed.

Before I submit a bug report, does anyone else have this problem?

Kontact 16.12.3 is not in the archive yet, however...

Seems OK here on:

Kontact 5.4.3 (package version 4:16.12.3-0ubuntu1~ubuntu17.04~ppa2)
    Korganizer 5.4.3 - (package version 4:16.12.3-0ubuntu1~ubuntu17.04~ppa2)

On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I used the KDE PIM update that was in the Kontact Feeds which gave sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports-landing.

I have found that if I change the time to 24hour time I have no problems. However I prefer the AM/PM time format. I suspect that you are using 24 hour time as the time entry does no show an AM/PM. Is this so?

Comment

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
        However I prefer the AM/PM time format.
        Where did you alter that in Kontact/Korganiser? I don't see that option.

I don't use it apart from testing like this, so I'm not overly familiar with every setting and where it is.
        On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

I did it in System Settings > Regional Settings > Formats. I checked the box "Detailed Settings" and the time was originally "No Change" so I changed it to Default (C). I then logged out and back in again and the time was then 24Hr time instead of Am/PM.

Comment

No option to change to 12 hr here. Will have to investigate later...

Comment

Working...
            X