Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Installed 2 different Hd with Kubuntu,separately,one is fully working,the 2nd is not

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed 2 different Hd with Kubuntu,separately,one is fully working,the 2nd is not

Hi guys...Yesterday i tried twice installing Kubuntu 17.04,in the first install,which was in a 100gb hd,worked nice,and to my surprise (i had installed before,other older versions and they didnt) you can install more than one "Software Center" through its native Software Center (as in Makulu Linux) ,so you can install programs that exist in other distros,(which i love because i daily use some programs),which not all distros have in common,such as Cdcat,Mkvtoolnix,and others..but the reason im writing now,is because when i saw that,i wanted to install it in a 1Tb Hd,i did install it,but..since the first boot,i couldnt find that anymore,i mean,i searched through the Software Center and those other Software Center didnt appear anymore,(by the way,i used the same Dvd to install both Hds...and its the same desktop ..i installed them both separately ),and in the 2nd install ( 1Tb hd ) the button to "update the system or programs" is absent...Has anyone tried it,and have that issue?...by the way,after noticing that,i re-installed the OS just to be sure it wasnt that an error ocurred while the install...but got the same results...

Sorry, I've struggled to understand what your problem is or what you're asking.

If by the "Software Center" in Kubuntu you mean "Discover", yes, others have trouble with this, it has a limited selection. I like it for what it does but if you want to see all 85,000 packages install Synaptic or Muon. Ask if you'd like help doing that.

Or maybe... the installs have different repositories enabled. Run kdesudo software-properties-kde to check.
    Regards, John Little

Comment

Working...
    X