This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Konqueror filemanagement not working after upgrade

I prefer using Konqueror as Root File Manager (kfmclient openProfile filemanagement) - run as different user (root) - but this does not work after upgrade to 17.04. Yes, I have installed dolphin4. Help, please!

When porting konqueror to KF5/Qt5 KDE removed things like the profiles (filemanagement webbrowsing etc), the file manager sidebar, etc. Presumably focusing on it as a web browser rather than file manager.

A retrograde step IMO, as it now not a not very good webbrowser with very limited/crippled file management abilities. They would have been better off binning it rather than this.
    On #kubuntu-devel & #kubuntu on libera.chat - IRC Nick: RikMills - Launchpad ID: click

Comment

Keep it or kill it ?

Originally posted by acheron View Post
      When porting konqueror to KF5/Qt5 KDE removed things like the profiles (filemanagement webbrowsing etc), the file manager sidebar, etc. Presumably focusing on it as a web browser rather than file manager.

A retrograde step IMO, as it now not a not very good webbrowser with very limited/crippled file management abilities. They would have been better off binning it rather than this.
      1 % problem

Bug 373824 - Konqueror 16.12 is missing the sidebar: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=373824#c3

David Faure wrote:
      "the developers" (plural) is wishful thinking. Konqueror has 0.01 developer right now (me, with a very low priority for konqueror).
      More of the keep or kill (unmaintained): Dropping kdelibs4-based applications in KDE Applications 17.12 - https://marc.info/?l=kde-core-devel&...1780501598&w=2
      Last edited by Rog131; Apr 16, 2017, 08:06 AM.
      Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
      1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
      2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Originally posted by hallergard View Post
        I prefer using Konqueror as Root File Manager (kfmclient openProfile filemanagement) - run as different user (root) - but this does not work after upgrade to 17.04. Yes, I have installed dolphin4. Help, please!
        Code:
        $ konqueror --help

Options:
         --profile <profile>        Profile to open (DEPRECATED, IGNORED)
        Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
        1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
        2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Well, I think it is a shame if they drop Konqueror, since I can use the "man:/" and "info:/" in the address bar (e.g. man:/find) and load up the help file right onto the page of it. I just had a thought to try that in Dolphin, and see, there is a result, but it loads it up into the Firefox Web Browser. Another great feature of Konqueror is the ability to search text in LibreOffice files (at least the .odt ones).

Comment

Working...
          X