This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi monitor after a reboot

I have four monitors, using two AMD graphics cards. I was amazed at 1) all four monitors worked out of the box and 2) how easy it was to make changes to the layout.

However, after logging out/rebooting, I can no longer start any KDE apps, such as Konsole or System Settings. They crash, including summit bug report.

The only way I have found to fix it, is delete ~/.local/share/kscreen and reboot. Then I have to set up the monitor layout again.

For Info: Out of the box, the monitor order from left to right is 2,3,4,1. So all I do is move 1 to the left.
    Last edited by LogicEthos; Mar 14, 2017, 09:18 AM.

I presume a similar issue. Using the 17.04 Beta on a system with a AMD R7 370 graphics card I was delighted to find 3D acceleration support out-di-box but unfortunately the latest update cancels this also disabling multi-monitor support.

Comment

It doesn't disable multi-monitor support for me. Just screws everything up when I reboot, or the screen goes into energy saving mode, or I switch off one of the monitors. I need a way to lock the configuration, so that it wont ever change.

I tried locking the file in .../kscreen so that it couldn't be modified, but that didn't make any difference.

Comment

Running an update through terminal, it appears the difficulties I perceive are caused through the AMDGPU not being update along with the linux kernel or linux firmware. I guess it is well in the pipeline though so that's good for me.

I have heard of and had similar issues with needing to purge the kscreen and other config files (though I do not remember which) when plasma 5 was originally introduced, (14.10 maybe or sometime like that). Scanning through the bug reports around that time may yield some details, I felt it was resolved a long time ago however.

Comment

Working...
        X