This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keyboard errors under Kubuntu 17.04

I am user of the keyboard layout US, version INTL (with dead key's). This is absolutely necessary for me because some very special chars are only possible to use in this keyboard version or in the very specifical version from unusual languages.

In Kubuntu 17.04 appears a very hard difficulty:

I see that the applications are divided into 2 groups:

- some applications recognizing and handling with the US INTL keyboard regulary (all is normal)

example of such application: rekonq, tea editor, dooble

- some applications doing only a part: The char's depending from AltGr + only one other key (ç, ß, §, ä, ö, ü, é, ñ, ¡ , ¿ , etc) are coming well. The char's depending of the succession of 2 keys pressing at the same time AltGr, it is what is named "dead key", do not come or are only partially coming (`~^'"), then, alone, only the part «accen», using AltGr and, where needing, the Shift key.

example of such application: konqueror

I don't know what I have to report and where? Is that a KDE error? Is that a general Ubuntu error? Is that a specific Kubuntu / LXQT error (yes, I have it in the installation and diverses Qt applications, the other LXDE app's not: I did renounce and would like to make my system free of Gnome / GTK as this part of the software world was not able to preserve the compatibility under generations and not able do organize a 'forcing' to make the transition short... It's a Ghaos...)

Ibus ist with Ibus-Hangul also installed (and works well in Hangul mode)!
    Last edited by calligrafan; Feb 23, 2017, 07:15 AM.
Working...
X