This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random system freeze

Since I upgraded Kubuntu to 16.10, the whole system randomly crashes/freezes: the screen becomes black and absolutely nothing responds (not even Ctrl + Alt + F1) and the network connection from the outside is lost. I have to hard-shutdown my computer by holding the on/off button.

Strangely, this only happens when a Konsole window is active, whatever I may be doing in it. It happens several times a day, usually after using it for some time. It also happened once when Gwenview was active. Those are the only two KDE Frameworks 5 applications that I use (mostly Konsole), so it may be related. It has never happened when another application was active (so when I don't use Konsole for a week, the system never crashes).

This is issue is unrelated to CPU activity or RAM usage, as far as I can see.

Graphic controller: Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller
    Driver: i915

I have looked up in this and other forums and haven't found any posted issue matching mine.

Feel free to ask me for log files (I have very little experience in troubleshooting this kind of problem).

Could anyone help me?

Vianney
Working...
X