This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't change icon size in the quick launcher

I have been trying to figure out how to make the icons in the quick launcher smaller but nothing I do seems to change them.
    How is it done?...Is it done?
    Greg
    W9WD

In Plasma 5 icon size is dependent on the size of the panel as far as I know. Reducing the thickness of the panel will therefore reduce the size of the icons.

It's one of the little things that still niggle me with Plasma 5 as I have the same problem with Icon-Only Task Manager where I want the icons to be bigger (like I have them in K14.04) but can't get them the size I want without making the size of the panel too big for my taste. On my desktop (24" 1920x1080) the icons are too small despite trying several different themes but on my laptop (14" 1368x768) the size is fine using the default theme.

On my desktop I'm trying out Latte Dock as an alternative to Icon-Only Task Manager in the panel. Latte Dock is pretty cool.
    Last edited by Rod J; Mar 01, 2018, 11:52 PM. Reason: adding Latte Dock info
    Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod J View Post
      In Plasma 5 icon size is dependent on the size of the panel as far as I know. Reducing the thickness of the panel will therefore reduce the size of the icons.

It's one of the little things that still niggle me with Plasma 5 as I have the same problem with Icon-Only Task Manager where I want the icons to be bigger (like I have them in K14.04) but can't get them the size I want without making the size of the panel too big for my taste. On my desktop (24" 1920x1080) the icons are too small despite trying several different themes but on my laptop (14" 1368x768) the size is fine using the default theme.

On my desktop I'm trying out Latte Dock as an alternative to Icon-Only Task Manager in the panel. Latte Dock is pretty cool.
      Watched a video on YouTube and Latte Dock looks pretty slick.
      Is there a task bar to show you what is running and allows you to switch back and forth from program to program?

Thanks for the suggestion
      Greg
      W9WD

Comment

The dock icons have little indicators (can be above or below the icons) to show whether a program has been launched or not and there is subtle shade change to indicate the focused program also. You just click on the icons to switch programs.

The easiest way to test it out would be to leave the panel where it is (presumably at the bottom of the screen) but change the panel setting to "Auto Hide" and just have Latte Dock on top of the panel at the bottom.

I've tried various configurations with Latte Dock. I leave the dock at the bottom and move the panel to the top of the screen but make it much thinner (like the Mac style).

Or have the panel at the bottom but remove the existing Task Manager widget so there is a gap in the middle where Latte Dock shows (so you are effectively replacing the standard Task Manager or Icon-Only Task Manager widget with Latte Dock).
        Last edited by Rod J; Mar 03, 2018, 06:51 AM.
        Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
        Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

Thanks!
          Greg
          W9WD

Comment

Continuing to poke at the desk top..
            Got the launchers to be smaller by changing themes, but now I have some aspects of this theme that I don't care for.
            I need to find a program that allows me to edit/write a theme.
            Greg
            W9WD

Comment

Working...
            X