This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Install Software

Just installed Kubuntu 16.04, found Thunderbird and chose install using Ark. I was able to get Ark to extract all files and folders but I don't really know where I should deposit them, or how to integrate the executable into the graphical menu.

ya ,,do not do that ,,,,ark dose not install anything it's an archive program ,,,,,it's "extracts/compacts archives.

you did not half to DL Thunderbird from a website ,,,,,it's in your package manager for install .

the default package/application program you have on your system is "discover" ,,,,,but most of us ether install "muon" or "synaptic" or use the konsole.

Thunderbird is a GTK application,,,you have kmail installed already ,,,,,,,,but if you want Thunderbird you can install it real quick by pasting this in a knosole and hitting "enter"

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install thunderbird
    VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      Thunderbird is a GTK application,,,you have kmail installed already ,,,,,,,,but if you want Thunderbird you can install it real quick by pasting this in a knosole and hitting "enter"

Code:
      sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install thunderbird
      VINNY
      Thanks so much, this worked, and it's appearing on the menu. I'm setting it up now. Laptop is for my wife who is used to Thunderbird, but I will
      also be looking at the pre installed email apps and she'll probably migrate.

Comment

Working...
      X