X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dolphin icons

Hello community,
    I'm using KDE-Plasma 5.5.5 with Qt 5.5.1 and i have a lot of music-files on my laptop, in different codecs (wav.,flac.,ape.,mp3).
    When I open my music folder there are no icons on the files.
    Now I installed the Nuvola-design and at least got symbols for the mp3-files, but not for the others.
    When I open the settings for a file, I can search for an icon,but the file won't take it. Even in the systemsettings I can't asign icons to audio file-types.
    Another related question,and maybe a dumb one:
    Is it normal, that there are no icons,when I open for example, dolphin or systemsettings as root in the terminal?
    So maybe,there are some answers for me out there.
    Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by GeBal View Post
    Another related question,and maybe a dumb one:

Is it normal, that there are no icons,when I open for example, dolphin or systemsettings as root in the terminal?

So maybe,there are some answers for me out there.
    Thank you in advance.
    I have one ,,,,,,,,never never never open a GUI app (dolphin) as root with "sudo",,,,, you will muck up your system and files in your home directory will get hijacked by root (they will have root ownership)

this is likely your problem ,,,,, if you must use a GUI app as root use "kdesudo"

run
    Code:
    find ~/ -user root
    as you wile logged in as you and see what it spits out at you ,,,,,every thing in ~/ (thats shorthand for your home directory/folder) should be owned by you,,,,,not root

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Hello,
      thank you for your reply.
      In fact I did use kdesudo, so I knew about that problem .
      I just wanted to see,if my design-changes would stay,when applied via root.

GB

Comment

Originally posted by GeBal View Post
        ...I just wanted to see,if my design-changes would stay,when applied via root.
        The root account has its own home directory and its own settings. Settings enabled by your normal user account don't apply to the root account. If you want them to apply to root you have to configure them as root in addition to configuring them as a normal user.
        we see things not as they are, but as we are.
        -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
        X