Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calligrawords document text and background color customization possible?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calligrawords document text and background color customization possible?

I just installed calligrawords, not the whole calligra suite.

Code:
    $ apt list --installed | grep calligra

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

calligra-data/xenial,now 1:2.9.7-0ubuntu12 all [installed,automatic]
    calligra-libs/xenial,now 1:2.9.7-0ubuntu12 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    calligrawords/xenial,now 1:2.9.7-0ubuntu12 amd64 [installed]
    calligrawords-common/xenial,now 1:2.9.7-0ubuntu12 amd64 [installed,automatic]
    calligrawords-data/xenial,now 1:2.9.7-0ubuntu12 all [installed,automatic]
    $
    I want to know whether it's possible to change the entire document's background color to something like greyish instead of the default white. I looked around briefly but didn't find any way to do so. I can change the background of text but the rest of the page is still white

I found /~/.kde/share/config/calligrarc but there's nothing there that seems relevant.
    Attached Files
    Kubuntu 20.04

Hi

I LOVE CALLIGRA!!!

but as to your question:

I have not actually done this, I imagine that down in the innards that it can be changed with a code change.

It is "probably" ...not an "image" stored somewhere in usr/bin/etc/whatever...

But, I'll give you a reason why, if it really IS an "image" ...not to do it..if you do a lot of transfer of "bits and bytes" from a document into say... another node of a business.

I received a VERY ENTHUSIASTIC recommendation from my lead supervisor a few months ago for me to send out to colleges to teach online.

AT FIRST I was sending them out as .pdf but...literally had a couple of colleges say that their IT people would not allow SUCH BIG FILES...and that I need to send a .doc or a .docx or a...get this... .png... .jpeg... well okaaayyyyyyyy

But this last week I had a college that literally wanted ONLY a .doc or a .docx ...

and that I LOAD THE TEXT into a "box" in the online application form...

Why? Because they get so many applications that colleges now have software that will scan the text to look for certain "code words" and if the code words appear THEN AND ONLY THEN will they actually GO TO THE TROUBLE of READING the item, such as a... cover letter...WHAT...they can't look at a "single side single sheet"...

College people really are BONE LAZY...

So...I had happily e-mailed as an attachment this letter many times, no problem.

BUT...when I went to "copy and paste" the text from the letter to the site...there was nothing there!!

The reason for this was...and it took me about fifteen minutes to figure this out...

She had put it onto "college stationary"...which has AN IMAGE in the background... of "the logo etc..."

Now, this MAY be for security reasons...kind of hairbrained but any way...so "a kid / student " could not copy and past text from a teacher's letter for some...reason... ok...

After i opened it in GIMP and removed the "layer" then the text was there and I could copy it...

So...after this looooonnnnggg post...

a) the "color" is probably "code" and if you can find the snippet somewhere in the innards of the apps folder and change it then you are copasetic
    b) changing out "an image" might not be so easy...

BUT...I have, indeed, changed out "the image" on other apps,

Surprisingly, something like ...AMAROK...has not only "color codes" but..."masks" in the form of images which have to have a certain name and the app looks for that name and put it oh...on the top of the player or some such...

BTW...this is EXACTLY how so many "fans" made all of those wonderful "skins" for gKrellm.

http://www.muhri.net/gkrellm/

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Aug 09, 2017, 09:10 AM.
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Please see my previous post but...

I do not know WHY you want the change but here is an app that I use when I am doing "stream of consciousness" writing and it is PARTICULARLY CONFIGURED...

to change the background...so you can, with a few clicks make it whatever gray you want.

I POUR MY HEART AND SOUL into it... lol

and then copy the text and work on it in Calligra! lol

https://gottcode.org/focuswriter/
      sigpic
      Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Sorry for taking so long but THANK YOU!

kubuntu 16.04 has focuswriter and I've got it going.

BTW, I want the change because my eyes turn bright red after working on screens with swathes of #ffffff.

So my reply to you looks like this!
        Attached Files
        Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Thank you!
          I'm glad to be of some small help.

Kinda...dark...are you sure that you are not related to a certain Caped Crusader or even his sidekick!! ?!

I ran into your situation decades ago when I was intensively writing books using a commodore 64.

I did several things in addition to what you are doing.

a) I built a special desk that, with my arms bent at the elbow, my forearms were horizontal. This is completely the opposite of the way that we were taught in "typing class". But, I have very tiny little "spurs" in my neck bones and when my neck muscles "build up too much" they smash the nerves to my hands and my hands go numb.

This also occurred when I was an industrial welder inside stainless steel tanks. One literally walks inside the tank as it is "rolled" on wheels, according to "an average speed" for "the average welder". Set by the unions, of course and NEVER TO BE CHANGED!! Well, I was a fast welder and invariably had the tip above my shoulder and had problems.

Same for truck driving back with the big steering wheels and no power steering.

b) My granddad, a full blood Amerindian advised me, since I was a constant reader when a kid, to stop at the bottom of the page and look up at one corner of the room and focus, read the next page, and do the same for the other corner, another page and look down, another page and other corner down to exercise my eyes.

I have had very few glasses changes over the decades, I think, because of that advice

And, I started it with the very first day that I started using the Commodore 64. Of course the Timex Sinclair FORCED it ...lol you could not stare at the screen with that one!

c) I immediately noticed that I was getting "crikey neck" because of the back/up bend of the neck to look at the small television screen that the Commodore used.

So... I LITERALLY CUT A HOLE in the desk and sat the monitor in the hole at an angle so that I was looking downward at it..

of course we all remember the very cool desks of the era that had the monitor under the glass of the desk!

But, that reduced eyestrain also in addition to neck strain.

d) of course it the present lcd screen we can angle it properly.

But anyway, in case OTHERS do not know it, the "red eyes" are a known condition but...>NOBODY WANTS TO TALK ABOUT IT!!! ARRRG!

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/comp...ion-syndrome#2

Tweak your settings. You don't have to live with the factory-installed presets if you're uncomfortable. Adjust the

brightness,

contrast, and font size until you find what’s best for you.
          Sooo, again, I'm glad that you are able to get your work situation into a better configuration, eyes are important!

woodsmoke
          Last edited by woodsmoke; Aug 10, 2017, 11:36 PM.
          sigpic
          Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by chimak111 View Post
            BTW, I want the change because my eyes turn bright red after working on screens with swathes of #ffffff.
            Well, I'm certainly not glad to read this, but it is heartening that someone else dislikes #ffffff. I wish UI people would take this to heart, it's an accessibility issue. I've hated background white for decades. The upcoming limitations on add-ons affecting the firefox UI will end the various ways I combat #ffffff.

Regards, John Little
            Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
              Well, I'm certainly not glad to read this, but it is heartening that someone else dislikes #ffffff. I wish UI people would take this to heart, it's an accessibility issue. I've hated background white for decades. The upcoming limitations on add-ons affecting the firefox UI will end the various ways I combat #ffffff.

Regards, John Little
              There's partial good news in that the UI (non-web-page) area currently (mostly) respects your gtk3 theme with a few glitches, that one can bear or sort out, and exceptions such as the various "about:" pages. I expect that to be unchanged when Fx57 is released.
              Kubuntu 20.04

Comment

Working...
              X